Dr. Cappelloni works in private practice as an Educational Consultant in Marin County and trains as an Educational Specialist in Early Childhood Education in Northern California, China, and Vietnam. She is the Director of Kindergarten Readiness programs at The Ranch in Tiburon.
Dr. Cappelloni was an Adjunct Professor in the University of San Francisco’s School of Education. She taught kindergarten in Tiburon for 15 years and preschool/pre-K for 7 years in Marin County. Prior to that, she was the Director of the Belvedere-Tiburon Recreation Department for 8 years, where she designed and directed summer schools, day camps, and classes for youth and adults.
As a Dance/Movement Therapist, Dr. Cappelloni has worked with children ages 3 through adults in various therapeutic settings in Los Angeles, Chicago, and Marin.
Nancy Cappelloni holds the following degrees:
- Ed.D University of San Francisco
- M.A. University of California, Los Angeles
- B.A. University of Colorado, Boulder
- California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential/CLAD
- Early Childhood Education Administrative Credential
- California Community College Instructor Credential
Dr. Cappelloni is a member of a number of professional affiliations. These include:
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- California, Marin, and National Associations for the Education of Young Children (MAEYC, CAEYC, NAEYC)
- California Kindergarten Association, Past President, Board of Directors
- Marin Educators in Private Practice
- Phi Delta Kappa International
Dr. Cappelloni is the author of four publications, including:
- Cappelloni, N.L. (2013). Kindergarten Readiness. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press.
- Johnson, K., Cappelloni, N.L., & Niesyn, M. (2010). The New Elementary Teacher’s Handbook, 3rd Ed. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press.
Dr. Cappelloni has won a number of teaching awards and grants, including:
- Allen and Dorothy Calvin Doctoral Dissertation Award, University of San Francisco, 2010
- National Merit Scholar, 2009
- Golden Bell Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2002
Contact Dr. Cappelloni for educational consultation and services, tutoring, professional staff development, or workshops at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 366-0266.